I’m going to give weekly blog status updates a shot. I suspect planet already gets inundated with them near the end of the week, so maybe I’ll try adjusting my schedule by a few days. Or maybe I’ll end up just posting them on wikimo instead. Either way I’ll try to keep them interesting!
I didn’t think I was going to end up doing this, so I didn’t take detailed notes of everything I’ve done this week. I’m going to try to get better at that.
Accomplished this week:
- tried to keep the review queue cleanup rolling from last week, but I think I netted out even (or slightly negative). Current state: 33 pending requests.
- reviewed dolske‘s plugin crashing UI patches (bug 539848, bug 538910)
- helped test the 1.9.3 alpha 1 branding changes (bug 543564)
- wrote some additional tests for bug 512784 (consolidated smart getters for common services). ready to land once it gets rs=Mossop
- spent some time reviewing patch for bug 480350 (tab matches in awesomebar)
- wasted a bit of time arguing with RSnake on his blog
Up next (roughly in priority order):
- shorlander‘s going to be filing bugs for proposed theme/UX changes, will need to triage/prioritize those with dao
- need to make progress on browser.js cleanup/simplification – I want to get a list of actionable items by mid-next-week and get patching
- I have some mobile blog post ideas and notes that I really need to turn into posts
- try not to give up too much ground on review queue clearing
- want speak to Ryan about some changes required for bug 511017 (allow default search plugins to be updated, allowing them to get locale-specific search URLs to avoid redirects through google.com)
- would like to resolve bug 479334 (improved en-US spellcheck dictionary, including better merge scripts to ease taking changes from upstream hunspell and chromium). just needs a final test run and a couple of tweaks before landing, I think.
Ideally I think my “upcoming” tasks would be as granular and clearly defined as my “completed” tasks, I guess, but they’ll probably be easier to split out into specific tasks once some of the planning/exploratory work is done.